From BBS Echo or Prodigy June, 1999
- 8 oz wide egg noodles
- ½ cup plain yogurt
- 2 oz jar chopped pimento
- 1 tbsp poppy seed
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 dash paprika
- ½ cup ricotta cheese (part skim)
- ½ cup cottage cheese
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- ½ tsp hot pepper sauce
- ½ cup grated cheddar cheese (2 oz)
Garnish (optional) Edit
- Boil a large pot of water; cook noodles until al dente.
- While noodles are cooking, in a med mixing bowl, combine remaining ingredients except cheddar cheese and paprika.
- When noodles are done, drain well.
- Return them to pot.
- Pour in sauce mixture and toss well to coat.
- Pour mixture into a microwave-proof casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with grated cheddar cheese; top with paprika.
- Heat in microwave, high setting, for 3 minutes, to melt cheese and heat through.
- Top with garnish.
- Stir in steamed vegetables - serve over a bed of steamed spinach - bake in oven at 375°F for about 25 minutes.
- Though it takes longer, the crispy edges are delicious!.