In Romanian: Tuslama de burta
- 2 pounds / 1 kg tripe (fresh, not processed)
- 1 leg veal or other pieces of veal
- 4 quarts salted water
- 2 – 3 carrots
- 1 parsnip
- 1 whole onion (peeled)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 – 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Wash and clean the tripe and veal.
- Set to boil in the salted water, together with the carrots, parsnip and onion, bay leaf.
- Boil at medium heat until tender.
- Take the meat out, let it cool and then cut it in squares.
- Move the meat to another pot.
- Grate 1 – 2 carrots and saute in butter or lard.
- Add the flour.
- Add a little of the cooking liquid.
- Saute at low temperature.
- Strain the sauce, beat it with 1 – 2 egg yolks and add a little lemon juice.
- Pour the sauce over the meat in the pot.
- Simmer a little beat at low heat.
- Serve hot.