Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
In Romanian: Tuslama de burta
- 2 pounds / 1 kg tripe (fresh, not processed)
- 1 leg veal or other pieces of veal
- 4 quarts salted water
- 2 – 3 carrots
- 1 parsnip
- 1 whole onion (peeled)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 – 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Wash and clean the tripe and veal.
- Set to boil in the salted water, together with the carrots, parsnip and onion, bay leaf.
- Boil at medium heat until tender.
- Take the meat out, let it cool and then cut it in squares.
- Move the meat to another pot.
- Grate 1 – 2 carrots and saute in butter or lard.
- Add the flour.
- Add a little of the cooking liquid.
- Saute at low temperature.
- Strain the sauce, beat it with 1 – 2 egg yolks and add a little lemon juice.
- Pour the sauce over the meat in the pot.
- Simmer a little beat at low heat.
- Serve hot.