Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 3 tbsp beans
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 3 carrots
- 1¼ litre (5 cups) bouillon
- 1 leek
- ¼ tsp caraway seeds
- 1 small knob celery
- 500 g honeycomb tripe
- 80 g (2.75 oz) Parmesan, grated
- 30 g (1 oz) butter
- 1 clove garlic mashed
- salt freshly
- ground pepper
Garlic bread Edit
- 200 g (7 oz) french bread
- 10 g (0.25 oz) Gruyère, grated
- 50 g (1.75 oz) butter
- 1 tbsp parsley
- 4 cloves garlic
- Mashed salt freshly ground pepper.
- Soak beans overnight.
- Drain beans.
- Cook in lightly salted water until tender.
- Clean trim and wash the vegetables.
- Slice the carrots, the leek diagonally slice the celery and cut into squares.
- Cut the tripe into strips 4 cm long and 2 mm wide.
- Fill a kettle with water add salt bring to the boil.
- Add tripe and cook for 2½ hours.
- Heat butter.
- Sauté vegetables briefly.
- Add tripe garlic and tomato paste.
- Sauté briefly.
- Moisten with bouillon simmer for 20 minutes.
- Season with caraway thyme salt and pepper.
- Add beans and heat.
- Serve in soup plates sprinkle with cheese or serve separately.
- Garnish with parsley.