- Mix grated coconut with sugar and a little water.
- Add egg and mix thoroughly.
- Add essence, bitters and margarine.
- Sift dry ingredients together and add to coconut/egg mixture.
- Add remaining water to make a soft dough, do not knead.
- Add fruits and mixed peel.
- Pour in prepared baking pan and bake at 350°F for 50-60 minutes, remove from oven.
- Mix a little sugar and water so make a syrup and baste on bread.
- Return bread to hot oven for 3-4 minutes.
Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.