- 1 small green papaya
- 8 cups water
- 5 Dongo or habaneros peppers (seeds and stems removed)
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons dried mustard
- salt to taste
- 3 cups distilled white vinegar
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon curry paste
- Boil the papaya (in its skin) in the 8 cups of water for 10 minutes.
- Remove papaya from the water and let cool.
- Peel the papaya and remove the seeds, then chop into 1 inch cubes.
- In a large sauce pan combine the papaya with the remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and let cool, then puree in a food processor and transfer to jars.
- Place in the fridge.