Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Here's one for jenny b. Enjoy! From Chef Robert Scott, ABC Radio.
- 4 large bananas, peeled,and cut in half lengthwise
- 1-2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 ounce butter, cut into small pieces (25g)
- 3 ounces apricot jam (75g)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- Preheat oven to 400F (200 °C).
- Butter a baking dish of suitable size to hold the bananas.
- Place the bananas cut side down in the dish.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar and butter evenly over bananas.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
- While the bananas are baking, melt the apricot jam, lime juice and sherry in a pan.
- Remove bananas from oven, pour the sauce over them and return to the oven for a further 5 minutes.
- Serve each banana with icecream, or flambe with Trinidad rum.
- Best made just before serving.