Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
In Romanian: Cornulete
- 8 oz / 250 g lard or butter
- ¾ cup confectioner's sugar
- 3 yolks
- 1 whole egg
- 1 beaten egg white
- 2-3 tablespoons ground walnuts
- flour as needed
- 4 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Melt the butter or lard.
- When it is slightly warm, add sugar and cream together.
- Then add the yolks one by one, then the whole egg, water, vanilla, baking powder.
- Mix well and then add flour, knead to make a medium soft dough.
- Cut little pieces of dough and shape into triangular dumplings.
- Place the dumplings on the baking sheet leaving considerable distance between them as they increase in size.
- Cook at 350 °F for 13 – 15 minutes.
- Wash each of them with whipped egg white and sprinkle each with ground walnuts.
- When you take them out of the oven, roll each one into confectioner's sugar.