Three milks cake dessert.The dessert consists of three main parts: a sponge cake, a mixture of three milks with which to saturate the sponge cake, and a light topping which may be meringue or whipped cream.
- Use one package of sponge cake mix.
- Bake one cake in a 7 by 11 inch pan, following the instructions in the package.
- Allow to cool in the pan.
The three milks:
- Pour into a mixing bowl (A)
- Blend thoroughly.
- With the cake still in its pan, pinch the cake top with a fork so as to make small holes all over the cake surface, in rows about an inch apart.
- Slowly pour the three milks mixture over the cake.
- The idea is to saturate the cake thoroughly with the mixture.
- Let some of the mixture drop along the edges of the cake into the pan.
- Use all the mixture. Refrigerate at least one hour, preferably overnight.
- When ready to serve You can serve right on the baking pan or remove from the pan into a serving platter with a rim large enough to hold the milk sauce that will drip from the cake.
- Top lightly with whipped cream.
- Individual servings are usually about two inches by two inches.
- Decorate each individual piece with a cherry.