Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1 head broccoli or broccoflower
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar or rice vinegar or fresh lemon juice
- Cut broccoli into florets, preferably large-ish ones with plenty of stem.
- Cut the sides off the bottom part of the stem, discard the very bottom and sides, and slice, if so desired (they're not trees, but they can be "stumps").
- Place in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Pour in water and vinegar or lemon juice.
- Sprinkle with sugar and salt to taste (don't overdo it; you can always adjust later).
- Cover with plastic wrap.
- Microwave about 1 minute 15 seconds, or until broccoli is very bright green and just a little soft, but still with all its yummy crunch.
- Remove covering and let cool a bit; trees are good either at room temperature or a little above, but you don't want them to "melt" the snow!.
- Mix mayonnaise and sour cream well to make snow.
- Serve trees with snow for dipping, or lay out trees on plate and use a spoon to dab snow on their tops.