Prep Time: 20 minutes Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 350g shortcrust pastry
- 300g /10oz golden syrup
- 1 heaped tbsp black treacle
- Zest and juice of 1 unwaxed lemon
- 4 medium free range eggs
- 25g /1oz fresh bread crumbs
- Heat the oven to 180ºC/350ºF.
- Roll out the pastry and line a lightly greased 23cm /9 inch loose bottomed tart tin then place in the fridge for 30 mins.
- Meanwhile, mix together the golden syrup and treacle with the lemon zest and juice. Beat the eggs in a bowl and add to the treacle mixture. Finally stir in the bread crumbs.
- Carefully pour the mixture into the prepared tart case.
- Bake for 20 - 25 minutes until the crust and filling are golden brown and firm to the touch.
- Serve warm with crème fraiche which balances really well with the sweetness of the tart or a good vanilla ice cream.