Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Prep Time: 20 minutes Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 350g shortcrust pastry
- 300g /10oz golden syrup
- 1 heaped tbsp black treacle
- Zest and juice of 1 unwaxed lemon
- 4 medium free range eggs
- 25g /1oz fresh bread crumbs
- Heat the oven to 180ºC/350ºF.
- Roll out the pastry and line a lightly greased 23cm /9 inch loose bottomed tart tin then place in the fridge for 30 mins.
- Meanwhile, mix together the golden syrup and treacle with the lemon zest and juice. Beat the eggs in a bowl and add to the treacle mixture. Finally stir in the bread crumbs.
- Carefully pour the mixture into the prepared tart case.
- Bake for 20 - 25 minutes until the crust and filling are golden brown and firm to the touch.
- Serve warm with crème fraiche which balances really well with the sweetness of the tart or a good vanilla ice cream.