Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Healthy Recipes for diabetic Friends Y-Group
- ¾ lb stew meat, cubed
- 1 cup celery, sliced
- ½ cup turnip, peeled and cubed, or 2 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 – 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 – 3 medium carrots, peeled and sliced
- ⅓ cup barley
- ½ tsp oregano
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cut up vegetables; set aside.
- Cut stew beef into cubes.
- Braise until very brown in kettle or deep saucepan.
- Add vegetables.
- Add enough water to cover all, plus one cup.
- Bring to boil.
- Add spices, barley, and soy sauce.
- Simmer covered one to two hours.
- To serve, bring to slow boil and add dumplings.
- Mix together with fork.
- Drop by tablespoon onto boiling stew.
- Cover, cook 12 minutes.
- Do not peek or dumplings will get soggy.