Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Healthy Recipes for diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Original recipe
- Serves 8
- 6 medium roma tomatoes, chopped (about 2½ to 3 cups)
- ½ cup olive oil packed sun-dried tomatoes, slivered
- ¼ cup roasted garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup pitted oil-cured olives, chopped
- ½ cup fresh basil, chopped
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese to taste
- Combine all ingredients except the cheese together in a large bowl.
- To serve, top the bruschetta with the tomato mixture.
- Sprinkle with Parmigiano Reggiano cheese.
- To roast your own garlic, heat the oven to 400°F.
- Coat ¼ cup peeled whole garlic cloves with 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil.
Roasting garlic Edit
- Put the garlic in a small cast iron pan or in a garlic roaster or small dish that can be covered.
- Roast for 25 to 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes until garlic is tender, lightly golden and very aromatic.
Nutritional information Edit
- (72g-wt.): 90 calories (60 calories from fat) | 7g total fat | 1.5g saturated fat | 1g dietary fiber | 3g protein | 5g carbohydrate | 5mg cholesterol | 260mg sodium