Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
You can ask any arabian about this Kabssah and everyone will say Saudis can't live with out it. I mean if there is a Saudi lady that does't know how to make it then that would be a very Weird thing.
- 1 medium onion, diced to small cubes
- 2 medium tomatoes, peeled and diced to small cubes
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 whole chicken, cut in half
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- basmati rice
- Put the onions in a medium size pot, drizzle 2 tablespoons of olive oil and cook it on medium high heat until the onions are yellowish and starting to brown then put the garlic, cook for a few seconds then put in the tomatoes, tomato paste, salt, paper and the spice mix, cook it until the become a thick red sauce and the tomatoes are almost melted.
- Put in the chicken halves sauté it with the sauce for a few minutes, then poor in some hot water just a little bet over the chicken and bring it to a boil, then lower the heat to medium low and let it cook for 40 – 50 minutes or until the chicken is cooked.
- While the chicken is cooking wash the rice and soak it in cold water for 30 minutes.
- Take the chicken out and put it in a roasting pan, put in the oven and broil it until it’s golden.
- Drain the rice from water and put it into the chicken broth.
- Make sure there isn’t a lot of water in the pot.
- Cook it on medium high heat, let it boil until it is almost dry but not too dry make sure there is a little bet of broth left in the end of the pot.
- Lower the heat to very low and cover well and cook for 10 minutes.
- Now all you have to do is uncover put the rice in a big serving plate top with the chicken serve with a yogurt salad or a green salad and enjoy a great Saudi meal.