In Romanian: Caltabosi traditional romanesti
- 2 lbs / 1 kg fatty pork
- pork lungs and spleen
- a handful of boiled pork rind
- 3 – 4 onions fried in 3 tablespoons of lard
- 3 – 4 tablespoons of pork blood
- 2 – 3 garlic cloves
- a little ground juniper berries
- 3 – 4 tablespoons pork broth
- Boil the meat, lungs, spleen and rind with an onion.
- When almost ready, remove from heat, let cool, then grind.
- Add the onions fried in lard, garlic, pepper, juniper berries, salt, a few tablespoons of broth and a a few tablespoons of pork blood.
- Mix everything well.
- The mixture has to be rather soft than hard.
- Fill the big intestine, tie the ends with string and boil in the water in which the meat, lungs and rind have boiled.
- After coming to a boil, boil for another 20 – 25 minutes.
- Before boiling, prick with a thick needle.
- When ready, remove from the liquid and keep in cold water until cooled.
- Serve cold or pan-fried.