Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
In Romanian: Caltabosi traditional romanesti
- 2 lbs / 1 kg fatty pork
- pork lungs and spleen
- a handful of boiled pork rind
- 3 – 4 onions fried in 3 tablespoons of lard
- 3 – 4 tablespoons of pork blood
- 2 – 3 garlic cloves
- a little ground juniper berries
- 3 – 4 tablespoons pork broth
- Boil the meat, lungs, spleen and rind with an onion.
- When almost ready, remove from heat, let cool, then grind.
- Add the onions fried in lard, garlic, pepper, juniper berries, salt, a few tablespoons of broth and a a few tablespoons of pork blood.
- Mix everything well.
- The mixture has to be rather soft than hard.
- Fill the big intestine, tie the ends with string and boil in the water in which the meat, lungs and rind have boiled.
- After coming to a boil, boil for another 20 – 25 minutes.
- Before boiling, prick with a thick needle.
- When ready, remove from the liquid and keep in cold water until cooled.
- Serve cold or pan-fried.