Traditional soup, for 6 – 8 persons
- 3 – 4 tbsp butter or oil
- 1 red onion, cut in julienne
- ½ leek (white part only) cut into thin slices
- 1 stalk celery, cut into small pieces
- 2 quarts fish stock or mild chicken stock
- 250 ml (10 oz) heavy cream
- 2 – 3 oz dry sherry or port
- 1 small can (70 g / 2 oz) tomato purée
- 5 – 6 strings saffron
- 1 – 3 tbsp vine vinegar (f. ex. tarragon)
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 8 oz flounder fillet, cut into small pieces
- 8 oz salmon fillet, cut into small pieces
- 6 oz Icelandic shrimp (salad prawns)
- salt and white pepper
- Melt the butter in a pot, add all the vegetables and sweat for 4 – 6 minutes.
- Add the stock, cream, sherry, tomato purée, saffron, vinegar and white wine.
- Boil for 6 – 8 minutes.
- Add the and bring to boil again, add the prawns.
- After this the soup may not boil.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and a little unmelted butter would not harm.