Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Traditional soup, for 6 – 8 persons
- 3 – 4 tbsp butter or oil
- 1 red onion, cut in julienne
- ½ leek (white part only) cut into thin slices
- 1 stalk celery, cut into small pieces
- 2 quarts fish stock or mild chicken stock
- 250 ml (10 oz) heavy cream
- 2 – 3 oz dry sherry or port
- 1 small can (70 g / 2 oz) tomato purée
- 5 – 6 strings saffron
- 1 – 3 tbsp vine vinegar (f. ex. tarragon)
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 8 oz flounder fillet, cut into small pieces
- 8 oz salmon fillet, cut into small pieces
- 6 oz Icelandic shrimp (salad prawns)
- salt and white pepper
- Melt the butter in a pot, add all the vegetables and sweat for 4 – 6 minutes.
- Add the stock, cream, sherry, tomato purée, saffron, vinegar and white wine.
- Boil for 6 – 8 minutes.
- Add the and bring to boil again, add the prawns.
- After this the soup may not boil.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and a little unmelted butter would not harm.