Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- Estimated Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Estimated Cooking Time: 46 Minutes
- Total: 56 Minutes
- Serves 8
- Source: Fagor America, contributed by Pressurecookerrecipes Y-Group
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup flour
- 2½ pounds beef chuck, cut into 2-inch cubes
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 medium onions, cut into sixths
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 8 cups cold water, or chicken or beef broth, homemade or low-sodium canned
- 6 sprigs parsley
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 1¼ pounds medium red potatoes, quartered
- 4 medium carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 celery stalks, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 7 canned whole, peeled tomatoes, lightly crushed
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Heat oil in cooker until pan is hot, but not smoking.
- Season beef generously with salt and pepper and dredge in the flour. Shake off the excess flour.
- Sautee the meat in 3 separate batches, uncovered, stirring only occasionally, until well-browned. Meat should cover bottom of pot without layering to allow meat to brown. # Transfer the beef to a plate. Discard the oil and wipe out the pan. Repeat with 2 remaining batches.
- Return the pot to the stove and melt the butter over medium high heat.
- Add the onion and cook, stirring, until lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook About 1 Minute.
- Add the tomato paste and cook, stirring, until lightly browned, about 1 minute More.
- Return the beef to the pot, add the water or broth, and bring to a simmer.
- Using a piece of kitchen twine, tie together the parsley, thyme, and bay leaves and add the bundle to the pot.
- Season with 2 teaspoons salt and pepper to taste.
- Close lid and bring to high pressure. Cook for 30 minutes.
- Release pressure and open lid.
- Add the potatoes, carrots, celery, and the tomatoes, and close lid.
- Bring to high pressure and cook for 6 minutes.
- Release pressure and remove and discard the herb bundle.
- Stir in the vinegar and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide among bowls and serve immediately.
Nutritional Information Edit
Approximate Nutritional Information Per Serving
- 562 Calories
- 32g Protein
- 38g Carbohydrates
- 32g Fat
- 105 mg Cholesterol
- 240 mg Sodium