If you don't know what Banoffee Pie is, basically it is a layered pie made of biscuit crumbs, heated butter caramel & banana.
It makes a lovely dessert for a dinner party, or perhaps a British Themed Party as that is it's origin. So god save the queen here comes the recipe!
- 100g butter, melted
- 250g digestive biscuits, crushed
- 4 small bananas
- whipping cream
- grated chocolate
- Have a baking tin, bowl, non-stick pan and wooden spoon ready.
- Make sure the digestive biscuits are crushed to breadcrumbs.
- Tip all the breadcrumbs into the baking tin, then use a spoon to create a pie shell across the bottom and around the sides of the tin.
- Chill this in your fridge/freezer for ten minutes and continue to the caramel.
- Melt the butter and sugar into a non-stick pan over low heat.
- Stir this continuously until all the sugar has dissolved.
- Add the condensed milk and bring this to a boil for about a minute. Stir this until a thick golden caramel forms.
- Spread the caramel over the now firm base, and then leave to chill for an hour.
Garnishing and Finishing
- After the hour chilling, remove the pie from the tin carefully and place it on your serving plate.
- Slice the bananas into small chunks.
- Create a layer of bananas on top of the caramel.
- Spread the whipped cream on top so it covers the layer of bananas.
- Make sure that you boil the filling for at least a minute to get a nice texture.
- A great garnish is Pecans to go on top of the whipped cream.