Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Try serving the filling hot with potatoes or toast, or with a breadcrumb topping, or serve in a home made tortilla.
- 1 lbs lean ground pork (or try beef)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp crumbled sage
- ½ tsp ground allspice
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pinch cloves
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1½ cups cooked red kidney beans mash
- double-crust pastry
- Stir-cook ground meat and onion until meat is no longer pink (regular ground meat is much less expensive than lean).
- Drain fat and return meat to the pan, add spices and stock.
- This will take about 15 minutes.
- Stir in mashed beans and simmer until liquid is just evaporated, about another 15 minutes.
- Cool filling about 30 minutes if making pie crust.
- Serve hot immediately, refrigerate cooled mixture up to 3 days, or freeze cooled portions up to 3 months.
Nutritional information Edit
For ⅛ recipe:
- 292 calories | 12 g total fat | 3 g saturated fat | 18 mg cholesterol | 16 g protein | 28 g carbohydrate | 454 mg sodium | 517 mg potassium | high fibre
- Diabetic exchanges: 1½ starch, 2 protein, 1 fat choice . The recommended gluten-free pastry adds 184 calories, 1 starch choice, 1½ fat.