Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 3 – 4 cauliflowers, broken into small flowerets
- 2 bunches celery, cut in desired lengths
- 3 lbs carrots, cut in desired lengths
- 3 lbs green pepper, cut in desired lengths
- small white onions (optional)
- green tomatoes (optional)
- green or wax beans (optional)
- 4 – 5 hot peppers
- brown sugar
- celery tops
- ½ gal. cider vinegar
- ½ pt. water, strained from ½ box cooked pickling spices
- 1 gal. water
- 1½ cups cooking salt (non-iodized)
- Into each quart bottle place 1½" piece of hot pepper and clove of garlic cut in half. Fill bottles with assorted, washed, cut-up vegetables. Pour brine to about 1½" from top and tightly pack additional vegetables in jars as they begin to settle.
- Use celery tops to keep vegetables under liquid. Then complete filling of brine. Place a teaspoon of brown sugar on top of each jar and seal tightly. Set bottles in cool place. Tourshi will be ready in two weeks.