220.127.116.11 21:55, July 1, 2010 (UTC)
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 18 minutes
- 1 slightly ripe breadfruit, mostly green with some white mottling
- canola oil for frying
- salt and pepper to taste.
- Peel breadfruit and cut into 1-1½" cubes.
- Place in already boiling water for about 8 minutes or until a meat fork penetrates easily 3.
- Drain and fry at medium heat until golden 4.
- Smash to about ⅜" thick discs with heavy soup can on cutting board 5.
- Fry again until golden 6.
- Drain on paper towels, season.