Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Tostones taste like plantain chips but are thicker and softer. (Step#5 is optional, but always use a pinch of salt on each toston)
- Peel the plantains and cut into 1 inch thick slices.
- In a deep frying pan heat the oil and fry the plantains till golden brown.
- Flatten the plantains using the bottom of a flat-bottomed glass bottle.
- Fry the plantains again for 30 seconds on each side.
- Mix the water, a pinch of salt and the mashed garlic.
- Stir and pour over the plantains. Serve immediately.