Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
I love this soup! This is a copy of Olive Garden soup. For diabetes it is fine as is in moderation, but I also make it low fat. Enjoy
- Contributed by Healthy Recipes For Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source of Recipe: Lhj
- Makes 6 Servings.
- 3 links of Italian sausage (I use turkey Italian sausage)
- ¾ cups chopped onions
- 1 slice bacon, diced
- 1¼ tsp minced garlic
- 1 can (13¾ or 14½ oz) chicken broth (low-sodium)
- 2 cups water
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced (I use 1 potato or none and cube real small)
- 2 cups thinly sliced fresh kale
- ⅓ cup heavy or whipping cream (fat free ½ and ½)
- Heat oven to 300°F.
- Bake 3 links Italian sausage on jelly-roll pan 15 to 20 minutes.
- Drain on paper towels; cool.
- Cut into ¼ inch thick slices.
- Cook onions and bacon in saucepan over medium heat 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in garlic and cook 1 minute.
- Add can of chicken broth, water and potatoes.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium and simmer 25 minutes until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in fresh kale,cream and sausage; cook 5 minutes.