Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Tortillas with Cucumbers, Eggplant and Minted Yogurt from the Public Health Cookbook by the Seattle & King County Department of Public Health—original source of recipe, public domain government resource
- Serves: 4
- 4 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
- 1 medium eggplant, thinly sliced
- 1 medium cucumber, thinly sliced
- Small handful of fresh mint, chopped
- Small handful of cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chives, chopped
- 1 green chili, seeded and thinly sliced
- 7 oz. plain, low fat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 large, flour tortillas
- salt and pepper to taste
- paprika to garnish
- Heat the oil in a frying pan. Add the eggplant and sauté for about 10 minutes or until golden brown. Drain and set aside to cool.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix mint, cilantro, chives, chili, yogurt and mayonnaise. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Arrange the eggplant slices over the tortillas.
- Spread yogurt sauce evenly over eggplant.
- Arrange cucumber slices on top of sauce.
- Roll up each tortilla and sprinkle paprika to garnish and serve.