Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Makes 6 servings
- 2 tbsp oil
- 4 corn tortillas, stacked, cut in half, then cut crosswise in very narrow strips
- 3 cans (14 oz each) chicken broth
- 1½ pounds butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut in ½ inch cubes
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 14½ oz can diced tomatoes with green chiles
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a skillet.
- Fry half the tortillas strips, turning often, 5 minutes or until lightly browned and crisp.
- Remove to paper towels to drain.
- Repeat with remaining oil and strips.
- Bring broth, squash and garlic to a boil in a pot.
- Cover reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes or until squash is almost tender.
- Add tomatoes and chicken, simmer uncovered 5 minutes or until squash is tender.
- Place half the tortilla strips in soup bowls.
- Ladle in the soup.
- Sprinkle with remaining strips and serve with toppings.