Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
This Y-group is international. Good food from all parts of the world. A place where we can share the wonderful food from all over the world.
- Makes 4 servings.
- 1½ cups red onion, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp olive oil
- ¼ cup green chiles
- 1 tsp cumin
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- 1½ cups frozen corn
- 1 can (14½ oz) stewed tomatoes, regular or mexican-style
- 5 corn tortillas
- ½ cup Monterey jack cheese, shredded fresh cilantro for garnish
- In a 4-5 quart pan over medium-high heat, sauté onions and garlic in oil until limp, about 6 minutes.
- Add a little water to prevent sticking, if necessary.
- Add chiles and cumin, stir 30 seconds, then mix in broth, corn, and tomatoes.
- Cover, bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer 5-10 minutes.
- Slice tortillas into bite-size strips and place into soup bowls.
- Ladle soup on top, sprinkle with cheese, and garnish with cilantro.