Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Barger Estate in Mckinney, Texas in 1997.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1½ cups black beans
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ¼ cup diced celery
- ¼ cup diced onion
- ¼ cup diced bell pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- 2 corn tortillas
- Boil black beans in water for 2 minutes then remove from heat.
- Let soak in cooking water for 1 hour.
- Sauté celery, onion and bell pepper in oil until slightly tender.
- Then in bean soup add salt, cilantro and sautéed vegetables.
- Cover and simmer for 3 hours.
- Slightly mash some beans and stir.
- In frying pan warm up tortillas on both sides until they are bendable.
- Put a tortilla in bowl then ladle black bean soup on top of the tortilla.