Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Ham, Water Added by the US Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- 5 large eggs (or ½ package egg mix, reconstituted)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ¼ cup + 3 tablespoons cornmeal
- ¼ cup + 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup drained whole kernel corn
- ½ cup ham, diced
- ¼ cup + 3 tablespoons shredded carrots
- ¼ cup + 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- In a large bowl, blend eggs and oil together.
- In a separate bowl mix cornmeal, flour, baking powder, and salt together.
- Blend into egg mixture.
- Add corn, ham, carrots, and onion.
- Oil a griddle or skillet and preheat over medium heat.
- Ladle 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) of batter onto griddle.
- Cook until bubbles appear at edges, about 2 minutes.
- Turn over and cook until golden on other side, another 2 minutes.
- Repeat until all batter is used.
- Excellent served with salsa.