Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This dish of vegetables baked in an egg and cheese mixture is perfect for a spring brunch, light lunch or even dinner. The torta can be served hot or at room temperature, accompanied by a simple green salad.
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- ½ cup grated carrots
- 1 cup chopped zucchini
- ½ pound (about ½ bunch) asparagus, woody ends snapped off and discarded, spears sliced into ½-inch pieces
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan or romano cheese
- ½ cup dry bread crumbs
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Oil the bottom and sides of an 8-inch-square baking dish with a tablespoon of the olive oil and set aside.
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet.
- Add carrots and zucchini and cook, stirring often, until the vegetables are fragrant and starting to brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add asparagus and cook for 3 to 5 more minutes, until asparagus is starting to become tender.
- Transfer vegetables to a large bowl.
- In another bowl, whisk eggs with garlic, cheese and bread crumbs.
- Whisk in salt, pepper and parsley.
- Pour egg mixture over the vegetables and stir to combine.
- Pour into prepared baking dish and bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until firm.
Nutritional information Edit
- (About 6.5oz/185g-wt.): 280 calories (170 from fat) | 19g total fat | 5g saturated fat | 14g protein | 17g total carbohydrate (3g dietary fiber, 3g sugar) | 225mg cholesterol | 480mg sodium