Cheesecake without a crust
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: Taste of Italia
- Makes 8 servings
- 2½ lbs fresh ricotta
- 5 eggs
- 1½ cups sugar
- 1 tsp finely grated lemon zest
- ½ of a vanilla bean, pod scraped out
- 1 tbsp brandy
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Process the ricotta until it is smooth.
- Beat the eggs, sugar and other ingredients until well blended.
- Add this slowly to the ricotta.
- Butter a spring-form pan and line the bottom of it with parchment paper.
- Pour the filling into it and place it in the oven.
- Immediately reduce the oven to 350°F.
- Bake 30 minutes.
- The cake will still be soft in the middle.
- Turn off the oven and leave the cake in the oven 15 minutes.
- Open the door and let the cake sit in the opened oven 15 minutes longer.
- This may be served warm.