- 4-5 bananas
- 6 egg yolks and whites separated
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 stick unsalted butter or margarine, melted
- vegetable oil (I like Canola)
- 12 Tbsp of Sugar (for the meringue)
- Preheat oven to 300 °F.
- Peel and halve the bananas.
- Fry them in a little canola oil and arrange them at the bottom of a round pyrex bowl.
- Mix the egg yolks with 1 cup of Sugar, add melted butter and mix well.
- Pour over the bananas.
- To make the meringue, beat the egg whites until stiff.
- Slowly add 12 Tbsp of Sugar.
- Turn mixture (but do not beat) for 15 minutes.
- Pour meringue over the bananas, or use a piping bag to squeeze it decoratively over the bananas.
- Cook in oven for 30 minutes.
- Serve warm.