Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1 Tbs. vegetable oil
- 4 links Italian-flavored soy Sausage, thinly sliced on diagonal
- 1 bunch Broccoli rabe, trimmed
- 3 Tbs. soy margarine or butter
- 3 Tbs. all-purpose flour
- 1 cup low-fat milk or soy milk
- 2 cups shredded low-fat or regular Cheddar Cheese
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper, optional
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 10-oz. pkg. fresh tri-colored tortellini or other gourmet-flavored tortellini
2. Meanwhile, steam Broccoli rabe with the water on its leaves in covered saucepan just until wilted, remove from heat and drain thoroughly, squeezing out excess water by hand when cool enough to handle. Set aside and keep warm.
3. To make roux, heat margarine over medium and, when melted, stir in flour. Add milk and Cheese all at once, and whisk until Cheese melts and sauce thickens. Stir in garlic, oregano, crushed red pepper, if using, and salt and pepper to taste.