Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
In Romanian: Limba cu masline
- 1 beef or 3 – 4 pork tongues (approx. 2 lbs / 1 kg)
- vegetables for soup
- 7 oz / 200 g black olives
- 3 – 4 onions
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 – 3 juniper berries
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 3 tablespoons oil
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 1 lemon
- chopped parsley
- Boil the tongue with the vegetables.
- When the tongue is almost done, remove from the broth, clean and cut into finger thick slices.
- Fry the finely chopped onion in oil until softened, add tomato sauce, vinegar, sugar, juniper berries, salt and a cup of the tongue boiling liquid (you must first defat this liquid)
- Add that were well washed and previously kept in warm water for 2 – 3 hours and the tongue slices.
- Cover and let boil until done.
- You may serve it warm or cold, garnished with chopped parsley and a few lemon slices.