In Romanian: Limba cu masline
- 1 beef or 3 – 4 pork tongues (approx. 2 lbs / 1 kg)
- vegetables for soup
- 7 oz / 200 g black olives
- 3 – 4 onions
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 – 3 juniper berries
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 3 tablespoons oil
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 1 lemon
- chopped parsley
- Boil the tongue with the vegetables.
- When the tongue is almost done, remove from the broth, clean and cut into finger thick slices.
- Fry the finely chopped onion in oil until softened, add tomato sauce, vinegar, sugar, juniper berries, salt and a cup of the tongue boiling liquid (you must first defat this liquid)
- Add that were well washed and previously kept in warm water for 2 – 3 hours and the tongue slices.
- Cover and let boil until done.
- You may serve it warm or cold, garnished with chopped parsley and a few lemon slices.