Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Shelton Estate in Arlington, Texas in 1992.
- 2 medium tomatoes sliced
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- Lettuce leaves
- 4 green onions finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon snipped parsley
- Arrange tomatoes in square glass baking dish.
- Shake oil, vinegar, oregano, salt, pepper, mustard and garlic in tightly covered jar.
- Pour over tomatoes then cover and refrigerate spooning dressing over tomatoes occasionally.
- Chill 2 hours then arrange tomatoes on lettuce leaves and sprinkle with onions and parsley.
- Drizzle with dressing.