This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Pinion Estate in Mesquite, Texas in 1994.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 6 medium sized tomatoes
- ½ teaspoon minced parsley
- 1 can shrimp halved
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon minced onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 slices bread crumbed
- a few grains of paprika
- ½ teaspoon green pepper minced
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut off the tops of the tomatoes and scoop outthe centers.
- Combine tomato pulp, parsley, salt and onion and mix well.
- In a small skillet melt the butter and fry shrimp for a few minutes.
- Add tomato mixture then fill tomatoes with this mixture.
- Melt a small amount of butter and stir in bread crumbs.
- Dot tops of tomatoes with breadcrumbs and bake for 20 minutes.