Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Pinion Estate in Mesquite, Texas in 1994.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 6 medium sized tomatoes
- ½ teaspoon minced parsley
- 1 can shrimp halved
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon minced onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 slices bread crumbed
- a few grains of paprika
- ½ teaspoon green pepper minced
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut off the tops of the tomatoes and scoop outthe centers.
- Combine tomato pulp, parsley, salt and onion and mix well.
- In a small skillet melt the butter and fry shrimp for a few minutes.
- Add tomato mixture then fill tomatoes with this mixture.
- Melt a small amount of butter and stir in bread crumbs.
- Dot tops of tomatoes with breadcrumbs and bake for 20 minutes.