- 1¾ cups tomato juice
- 1 clove garlic
- 4 cups Swiss cheese or gruyère cheese, shredded (16 oz)
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon crushed basil leaves
- ¼ teaspoon white pepper
- ¼ teaspoon dry mustard
- ¼ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- ¼ cup tomato juice
Serve with Edit
- 1 loaf French bread or focaccia bread, cubed
- 1 small red potatoes, steamed and quartered
- diced ham or tortellinis (cooked)
- In top of double boiler heat 1¾ cups tomato juice with garlic until very hot.
- Place over boiling water, and remove garlic.
- Add cheese, a small amount at a time stirring constantly until cheese is melted.
- Combine cornstarch, Worcestershire sauce, and seasonings with ¼ cup tomato juice; stir into cheese mixture.
- Continue stirring until smooth; if the fondue becomes too thick, add more tomato juice.