Makes 6 servings.
- 6 slices bacon, diced
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 2 cups beef broth
- ¼ teaspoon seasoned pepper
- 2 tomatoes, cut into eighths
- Cook bacon until crisp in 10-inch skillet. Drain fat and return 2 tablespoons to skillet.
- Add onion and green pepper; cook until tender.
- Stir in rice and continue cooking until rice is golden. Add broth and pepper.
- Heat to boiling, stir once or twice; arrange tomatoes in broth.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
- Fluff rice with a fork.