Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Soup, Tomato, Condensed, Canned by the US Department of Agriculture, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- 2 cups flour
- 1⅓ cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1½ teaspoons ground allspice (optional)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves (optional)
- 1 can condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- ½ cup margarine or butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup water
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and lightly flour 13” x 9” baking pan.
- In large bowl mix flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and spice.
- Add soup, margarine, eggs, and water.
- With mixer at low speed, beat until well mixed, constantly scraping side and bottom of bowl.
- At high speed, beat 4 minutes, occasionally scraping bowl.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 40 minutes, until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on wire rack 10 minutes.
- Frost with cream cheese frosting.