In Romanian: Supa de rosii I
- 1.5 qts / 1,5 l water
- 2 lbs / 1 kg tomatoes
- 1 big carrot
- 1 big parsley root
- 1 onion
- 2 green peppers
- 1 tablespoon chopped dill
- parsley and lovage (mixed)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon flour
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons rice
- Wash the tomatoes and set to boil with 1 pint / 500 ml water.
- When the tomatoes have softened, strain.
- Grate the carrot, parsley root and onion and set to boil with 1 qt / 1 l water, until all vegetables are tender.
- Then strain and add the tomato liquid to the vegetable liquid.
- Also add rice, quartered green peppers, salt and sugar, letting everything boil, covered, until the rice is half done.
- Add the flour fried in oil and let boil until the rice is done.
- Add chopped dill, parsley and lovage.
- This soup is also delicious served cold.