Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- ½ cup solid shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 (10½ ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 1¼ cups chopped nuts (pecans or walnuts are good)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup raisins
- 1½ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1½ teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 2½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- Preheat 375°F.
- Grease a 10-inch square cake pan.
- Cream shortening and sugar in a large bowl.
- Stir in tomato soup (undiluted) and then mix in soda, raisins, just 1 cup of the nuts, flour, baking powder and spices mixing well after each addition.
- Spread batter into prepared pan and bake for 45 minutes.
- When cake is done, remove it from oven and loosen edges with a knife.
- Let cool before frosting.
- Place cream cheese in a small bowl and let it soften at room temperature.
- Add vanilla and sugar.
- Mix well.
- Spread icing on cooled cake.
- Sprinkle with remaining ¼ cup nuts and serve.