Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- ½ cup solid shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 (10½ ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 1¼ cups chopped nuts (pecans or walnuts are good)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup raisins
- 1½ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1½ teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 2½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- Preheat 375°F.
- Grease a 10-inch square cake pan.
- Cream shortening and sugar in a large bowl.
- Stir in tomato soup (undiluted) and then mix in soda, raisins, just 1 cup of the nuts, flour, baking powder and spices mixing well after each addition.
- Spread batter into prepared pan and bake for 45 minutes.
- When cake is done, remove it from oven and loosen edges with a knife.
- Let cool before frosting.
- Place cream cheese in a small bowl and let it soften at room temperature.
- Add vanilla and sugar.
- Mix well.
- Spread icing on cooled cake.
- Sprinkle with remaining ¼ cup nuts and serve.