Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Salad of Zambia and East Africa.
- Yield: 8 salads.
- 8 tomatoes, washed and stems removed
- 2 cups cooked chicken in ½-inch cubes
- 1 cup canned pineapple chunks, drained
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ tsp curry powder
- 2 tbsp crystallized ginger chopped finely
- Combine all but a few tablespoons of the ginger mayonnaise with chicken and pineapple. Chill.
- Cut 1 to 2 heads lettuce and shape into eight uniform cups on dinner plates.
- Remove stems from 8 tomatoes.
- Make six even cuts from the blossom end three-quarters of the way through each tomato. Do not cut through.
- Open out to form a rose.
- Place tomato rose in center of each lettuce bed.
- Fill tomatoes with mixture (use a scoop if available) place 1 tsp ginger mayonnaise on top of mixture.
- Garnish with: 1 black olive and 1 or 2 sprigs watercress or parsley.
- Arrange 6 to 8 plantain chips at side of plate.