- 1 cup cooked white basmati rice
- 1 medium onion sliced thinly
- 1 tomato chopped
- salt, to taste
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- ¼ tsp red chili powder
- ½ tsp mustard seeds
- a couple of dried curry leaves
- freshly chopped coriander for garnish
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan and add curry leaves and mustard seeds.
- When they start to sizzle, add sliced onions.
- Cook till onions turn transparent and add chopped tomatoes. Cook for a few minutes till tomatoes begin to pulp.
- Add salt, turmeric and chili powder and allow spices to blend in.
- Add in cooked rice and stir-fry till mixes in with all spices.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve warm.
Recipe by Hooked on Heat Edit
The blog created by Meenakshi Agarwal is filled with, as the blogger says, lots of spice and everything nice. The pleasant design of the blog is matched by a huge variety of unique content – something you can rarely say about websites or blogs today – facts which make Hooked on Heat a valuable resource for anyone interested in Indian food. Here you will find information on hundreds of Indian dishes, starting from Dips, Sauces and Chutneys, going through Soups and Salads and passing through Delectable Desserts and other food categories that will make your mouth water. You can reach this wealth of information at the following URL: hookedonheat.blogspot.com