Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Poe Estate in Justin, Texas in 1987.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 3 pounds tomatoes peeled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon sesame oil
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 small grated onion
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ½ teaspoon olive oil
- Fry spices except cinnamon in the olive and sesame oil.
- Add 1 cup water and bring to a boil.
- Simmer with no lid for 10 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and onions and cook 30 minutes to reduce then add cinnamon.
- When a spoon scraped across the pan leaves a path it is thick enough.
- Stir in honey and a remaining olive oil heating a bit to thicken again.