Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Hot pepper relish is the key ingredient in this zesty salsa.
ChupNote: We used harissa instead of hot pepper relish, but you could use ajvar or any other hot sauce. We also doubled the green olives to ½ cup, sliced. You could up the fiber by adding ½ cup minced flat leaf parsley or cilantro or mint.
- Contributed by Healthy Recipes for Diabetic Friends Y-Group
- Source: Eating Well, August/September 2006
- Formatted by Chupa Babin in MC: 08.15.06
- Active time: 10 minutes | Total time: 10 minutes
- Makes 3½ cups
- 1¼ pounds tomatoes, diced
- 1 bunch scallions, sliced
- ¼ cup sliced green olives
- ¼ cup hot pepper relish
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- Combine tomatoes, scallions, olives, hot pepper relish, vinegar and oregano.
- Season with salt and pepper.
Nutritional information Edit
Per ⅓ cup serving:
- 22 calories | 1 g fat (0 g sat, 1 g mono) | 0 mgcholesterol | 3 g carbohydrate | 1 g protein | 1 g fiber | 300 mg sodium | 151 mg potassium.
- Carbohydrate Servings: 0