- 2 large cucumbers, halved lengthwise, seeded and sliced
- ⅓ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp white sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 large tomatoes, seeded and coarsely chopped
- ⅔ cup coarsely chopped red onion
- ½ cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- 3 tbsps olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, toss together the cucumbers, vinegar, sugar and salt.
- Let stand at room temperature for an hour, stirring occasionally.
- Add tomatoes, onion, mint and oil to cucumbers and toss to blend.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.