Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
We love it for lunch on a weekend, and are more likely to eat it in Spring or Autumn than the dead of winter.
- 50 minutes preparation.
- 6 – 8 servings
- 500 g smoked streaky bacon, rind, removed, and, diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (880 g) can cooked peeled tomatoes
- 1 liter chicken stock (cubes or powdered are ok)
- 3 sprigs fresh herbs (a mix of lemon thyme and marjoram and parsley are my choices)
- 1 (880 g) can 3 bean mix, rinsed and drained
- Tabasco sauce
- fresh ground pepper
- chopped parsley
- shaved Parmesan cheese or shredded Parmesan cheese, to serve
- Cook the Onion and Bacon until the Onion is softened.
- Add the garlic and cook for another couple of minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and break them up in the pan.
- Add the chicken stock and herbs and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Remove the herb sprigs, add the beans and cook for about 5 more minutes to heat through.
- Add the Tabasco and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle liberally with chopped parsley.
- Serve with shaved parmesan and crusty bread.