- 3 lb tomatoes, peeled and seeded
- 2 tb tomato paste
- 1 c buttermilk
- 1 tb olive oil
- 1 avocado, mashed to a puree
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tb Finely minced fresh parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- hot pepper sauce
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the pureed tomatoes, tomato paste, buttermilk, and oil.
- Toss pureed avocado with 1 tablespoon lemon juice to hold the color.
- Add the avocado, remaining lemon juice, and parsley to the tomato mixture; stir to mix well.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, and a generous number of drops ofhot pepper sauce.
- Refrigerate several hours before serving.