Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 2 large fresh, ripe tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 large green bell peppers, thinly sliced
- plenty of freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Place the onion slices in a small bowl and toss with 1 teaspoon salt.
- Let stand for 25 minutes, then rinse under cold running water and pat thoroughly dry with paper towels.
- Place the tomato, pepper, and onion slices in alternating layers in a shallow serving bowl, sprinkling each layer with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle the vegetables with the vinegar and oil and toss gently.
- Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.