Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Contributed by Jenn B aka Mom2Sam and Tiny at World Recipes Y-Group
- Can be Prepared in 45 minutes or Less.
- Makes about 2½ cups, serving 8 as an hors d'oeuvre.
- 1 large fresh jalapeño chili
- 1 pound tomatillos, husks discarded
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh coriander sprigs
- ½ cup finely chopped red onion
- ½ cup sour cream
- Garnish: small coriander sprig
- Accompaniment: spiced curly tortilla chips or plain tortilla chips
- Cut 2 or 3 thin slices from tip of jalapeño (wear rubber gloves) and reserve for Garnish.
- In a saucepan simmer tomatillos and remaining jalapeño in water to cover until tomatillos are tender, about 5 minutes, and transfer tomatillos, jalapeño, and ¼ cup cooking liquid to a blender or food processor.
- Blend salsa until chopped but not completely smooth and transfer to a serving bowl.
- Cool salsa and chill, covered, until cold. Salsa may be prepared up to this point 2 days ahead and chilled, covered.
- Just before serving, stir coriander, all but 1 teaspoon onion, and salt to taste into salsa.
- In a small bowl stir sour cream until smooth and spoon into center of salsa.
- Garnish sour cream with coriander sprig, reserved jalapeño , and remaining onion and serve with chips.