Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Stuffed grape leaves
- 500 g lamb (boned)
- a cupful rice
- 1 onion
- 1 cupful stock
- 400 g grape leaves (or a cabbage)
- 1 tbsp butter
- chopped dill
- salt, pepper
- Put the meat through the mincer, add the boiled rice, shopped onion and dill.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Wash the grape leaves, cut off hard stems and spread the leaves on the table in pairs.
- Put a bit of stuffing on the wide end of the leaves, fold the edges inward and roll into a sausage shape.
- Sprinkle with salt and place the tolmas in rows in a shallow casserole.
- Pour over butter and the bone stock.
- Cover tightly and simmer over low heat for about an hour.
- Serve the tolma on a platter.
- Sour cream mixed with grated garlic and salt, or cinnamon mixed with powdered sugar.