Stuffed grape leaves
- 500 g lamb (boned)
- a cupful rice
- 1 onion
- 1 cupful stock
- 400 g grape leaves (or a cabbage)
- 1 tbsp butter
- chopped dill
- salt, pepper
- Put the meat through the mincer, add the boiled rice, shopped onion and dill.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Wash the grape leaves, cut off hard stems and spread the leaves on the table in pairs.
- Put a bit of stuffing on the wide end of the leaves, fold the edges inward and roll into a sausage shape.
- Sprinkle with salt and place the tolmas in rows in a shallow casserole.
- Pour over butter and the bone stock.
- Cover tightly and simmer over low heat for about an hour.
- Serve the tolma on a platter.
- Sour cream mixed with grated garlic and salt, or cinnamon mixed with powdered sugar.