- 2 slices Rye vegan bread (I prefer the kind without caraway seeds!)
- Earth Balance or your favorite non-hydrogenated vegan margarine
- Two or three slices of Tofurky (smoked or regular) brand deli slices
- 1-2 slices of your preferred soy cheese, mozzerella, or swiss flavor
- 1/4 cup to 1/3 cup of saurkraut, well drained
- Thousand Island dressing
- Heat the pan or griddle you'll be using to grill the sandwich (medium or medium low heat). Spread softened margarine on the outside of the slices of vegan bread (I find it easier to control the fat that way). Layer Thousand Island dressing and saurkraut on one slice of vegan bread, then more dressing, tofurkey and soy cheese on the other slice. Put the two slices together and throw that baby on the hot griddle. Cook it until it's brown and heated through and the Cheese has melted. Bon apetit.